Preparation for Our Time Together in Kashi Ashram
Hello and Warm Welcome,
It is an absolute joy to share the upcoming Release & Empower 2018 Retreat with each of you!
In addition to our time spent meandering through the property, enjoying good company and healthy meals, and taking part in yoga, we will each be able to creatively explore the outcomes of 2017 and set meaningful intentions for 2018. The experience will deepen our connections to ourselves, and empower our futures
As you prepare for your trip, please know you can reach out at any point to ask questions or seek advice. Simply call (Elise: 904 377 3500 or Montine: 505 695 1375) or email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) as you prefer.
There are a few things to consider for your journey. Please read this document carefully and complete the form at the end. Your answers will help us make your stay all the more pleasant. This guide to getting the most out of a retreat and is based on 20 years' experience with the Intuition Painting process.
The notes included here will ensure the best possible comfort, safety, and outcome for each of you as well as the group.
The retreat takes place at Kashi Ashram, located at 11155 Roseland Rd, Sebastian, FL 32958, US.
You may either hire a rental car (there is parking on site) or take a taxi or car to the arrive at the location by 4:30PM on the first day of the retreat.
There are a variety of accommodations on site, from dormitory (5 beds to a room) to private singles in various structures on the property. Depending on your requests, rooms will be assigned to you according to your registration preferences on a first come, first register basis.
You are invited to think of this retreat as an inner vision quest and a timeout from your everyday life. Please consider the following:
- Being in your natural state as you paint enhances your process. Limiting substances such as caffeine, alcohol, refined sugars, and/or nicotine in advance of and during the workshop will benefit your experience.
- Be mindful of what’s coming up for you before the workshop - - you may begin to feel excited, have interesting dreams, or even feel a little nervous in the weeks prior. Take note of your feelings and expectations about the retreat.
- If you do start to feel any anxiety or resistance, please know that this is normal. Allow yourself to experiment with meditation or exercise to help quiet your mind.
- Take care of all of business, home, family, childcare, pet care before you arriving. Subject to reality, prepare to turn off your cell phone. Advise loved ones they will not hear from you during our retreat. This one really pays off for your experience.
- Be sure no one is expecting you to come home with a painting to share. You may decide to burn it ceremoniously after all - - or it may become more personal than you wish to share. Either way, it is important to be free of any performance expectations.
- Bring a meaningful object, photo, or item to place in our painting circle.
- All art materials are supplied, but occasionally people like to bring their own paintbrushes. If so, bring round watercolor brushes that come to a point and put an identifying mark on your brushes.
- Be mindful that you do not wear perfumes, scented lotions, aftershave, etc., as some people are allergic.
- Intuitive Process Painting is designed to facilitate the personal, creative, and spiritual growth of people who are physically, mentally, and emotionally well. It is not intended to serve as a treatment for any type of physical or mental illness. Paint Awake™ is not a substitute for counseling, psychological therapy, or a drug and alcohol treatment program.
What to Pack
- Pack layers, flip flops, yoga clothes, sun hat, small umbrella, sunglasses, walking shoes and a bathing suit.
- Be prepared for cool and warm weather, as it can range from 50's-80's F (14-27C).
- Bring comfy clothes and/or smock to paint in. Don’t wear anything that you would not want to get paint on. Some people stay in their old sweats during the retreat.
- If you are driving in, please bring a yoga mat with you.
- Flashlights, reading lights
- Memento for circle (see #6 above)
- Paintbrushes (only if you have a set you prefer to use, otherwise we have everything on site
- self-care: medications, allergy medications (if sensitive), ear plugs, eye mask
What You Won't Need:
- super dressy outfits
- high heels
- stress or worries
Our Agenda: Release & Empower: 4-Day Retreat
This agenda is subject to change based on the needs and preferences of the group.
- Opening Circle
- Questions for Reflection
- Station Setup
- Initial Strokes
- Breakfast & Tour of Kashi
- Check in
- Intuition Painting & Release
- Lunch & Break
- Fire Ceremony
- Yoga (optional)
- Check in & Meditation
- Desire Mapping & Feeling Goals
- Intuitive Drawing & Painting
- Lunch & Break
- Yoga (optional)
- Intuition Painting (cont.)
- Check in
- Satsang (optional)
- Beach Visit & Circle
- Intuition Painting & Check In
- Group Connection
- Commitments & Closing Circle
Rules & Requests:
- Safety is our highest priority. Please let the facilitator, a staff member, or an assistant know if you need any assistance or support.
- Quiet hours are from 11PM-7:30AM. Please respect the experience of others.
- The retreat is a drug-free, alcohol, and smoke free environment.
- Please do not play music or media without asking permission of others in the vicinity.
- Please do not expect to create business connections, gain clientele, or have networking goals for this experience. Coming with an agenda can sully the experience for others, limit your own authentic journey, and lead to less trust among the group.
- People who are not participating in a retreat at Kashi (ours or another) or assisting the retreat are not allowed in our studio or lodging areas.
Final payments are due as listed on the billing page before December 27th, and may be made by credit card or by using Chase Pay or Venmo. You may remit your payment as you prefer and you will receive an invoice with your personal total due and payment instructions.
Please complete the form below so we have all the info we need to accommodate you as best possible.